[fedora-virt] Problem when migrating qcow2 image from F20 to CentOS6

Pavel Lisý pavel.lisy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:33:26 UTC 2014

Hello

I've made virtual guest on Fedora 20 (x86_64) within qcow2 image file
but after migration to CentOS 6.5 I've got this error:

qemu-kvm: -drive file=/var/lib/libvirt/images/questfile.qcow2,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0,format=qcow2: 'drive-virtio-disk0' uses a qcow2 feature which is not supported by this qemu version: QCOW version 3

similar error I've got for qemu-img:
# qemu-img info /var/lib/libvirt/images/questfile.qcow2
'image' uses a qcow2 feature which is not supported by this qemu version: QCOW version 3

On F20 it returns:
# qemu-img info /var/lib/libvirt/images/questfile.qcow2
image: /var/lib/libvirt/images/rhel6.qcow2
file format: qcow2
virtual size: 32G (34359738368 bytes)
disk size: 4.7G
cluster_size: 65536

Have I missed something?
Is it qcow2 on Fedora different from CentOS6? Is there any possibility
(on Fedora 20) to convert it to backward compatible format?

Pavel

--
Pavel Lisý <pavel at element.cx>