[fedora-virt] Eye Candy for Virt-Manager

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 13:44:17 UTC 2014

On 04/26/2014 08:25 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> It's been available for a while, but you need to install python-guestfs to
> make it work, and the user you run virt-manager as needs read access to the VM
> disk images.

Hi Cole,

The only package close to that is python-libguestfs.  I installed it,
restarted libvirt, fired up some VMs (after changing permissions) but
didn't see any icons.  Is the image recognition done upon libvirt
startup or upon VM startup?  I'll have to recheck permissions because
they get overwritten eventually (leaving my regular user without
access)...don't know if that's the problem.

Just curious:  Isn't it more easier to create the icons based on the OS
type (as specified by --os-type) instead of inspecting the actual images
& having to install all these extra packages?

Thanks,
Jorge