[fedora-virt] Has anyone done Android?

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Sun Aug 17 16:16:07 UTC 2014

"David Highley wrote:"

> "=?utf-8?B?SsOhbiBPTkRSRUogKFNBTCk=?= wrote:"
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >   I use android-x86-4.4-r1.iso in qemu. Just need to run SDL output using
> > this command:
> >
> > qemu-kvm -m 1024 -soundhw es1370 -usb -usbdevice tablet \
> >   -show-cursor -display sdl \
> >   -hda ./android.img -cdrom android-x86-4.4-r1.iso
> >
> > -show-cursor works only with SDL and without show-cursor you don't know,
> > where you mouse pointer is.

I brought up android-x86-4.4-RC2.iso using Virtual Machine Manager.
Being fairly new to running virtual hosting I used defaults, except for
these changes:
- OS type Linux
- Vesion: Generic 2.6.25 or later..., need to select show all versions
- Boot Options, add IDE CDROM 1
- IDE CDROM 1 define Source path: <to android-x86-4.4-RC2.iso>
- Add Hardware; Sound: ich6

Maps, Play Books and Gallery do not work. Maps will run but not display
as noted before. Play Books and Gallery die immediately. Can read Google
mail and play music with Google music application. YouTube also seems to
work.

Just wish there were away to save the image to disk so that added
applications and changes can be saved between boot ups.