[fedora-virt] Why is name not shown in Add Hardware for USB device?

VISEUR Eric eric.viseur at be.thalesgroup.com
Thu Aug 28 15:19:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think this has nothing to do with your device name not showing up.  I've already successfully attached devices that had no name showing up in virt-manager to a VM.  However, if you're using recent packages versions from the virt-preview or rawhide, I've recently pinpointed a permission problem with USB passthrough that results in the behaviour you're describing.  No fix yet, but that's a part of the game when using development versions :)

Best regards,

Eric VISEUR | System Engineer | THALES Belgium S.A.
Rue des Frères Taymans, 28 |B-1480 TUBIZE - BELGIUM | eric.viseur at be.thalesgroup.com