[fedora-virt] GPU Passthrough problem

Eric Viseur eric.viseur at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 07:58:05 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

As many other before me, I'm having problems with GPU Passthrough.  I'm
running Fedora 20 with kernel 3.13.3 and the packages from the virt-preview.
My configuration is a Dell OptiPlex 7010, equipped with a Core i5 3470 and
a Radeon HD7570 from Dell.

VT-d and vfio work fine for other devices, such as the audio controller,
but I can't seem to passthrough the graphic cards.  Primary passthrough
simply fails, secondary passthrough with a Cirrus VGA gives me Error 10.
In both cases, I hear the GPU fan reacting when the VM boots, but then
nothing happens.

I tried blacklisting completely the i915 driver, as I can live without it.
This is for a project aimed at a seamless interaction with a Windows VM,
the Linux hypervisor doing background processing, hidden from the user.
Given my situation, what are my best next shots ?

Eric Viseur
Etudiant Ingénieur Civil Electricien
LinkedIn Profile<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=193442069&trk=tab_pro>