[fedora-virt] spice/qxl resolution setting?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Jun 20 15:44:20 UTC 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Looks like gnome to me. I just installed centos with the "desktop"
> installation selected.
>
> "Apply" and "OK" are the only two relevant buttons I see in
> the "Display" app I used for changing resolution, and I've
> definitely pressed both of those :-).

I tried both KDE and GNOME and neither of them in EL6 seems to save the settings.  I could have sworn that KDE had a "save as default" option somewhere but I couldn't find it.  Newer versions of those things do save the display settings I believe / hope.  I don't think it is in issue on physical hardware because it'll use the max the hardware supports.  In a VM, not so much.

Hopefully CentOS 7 will be out in the not too distant future and you can use that instead? :)  I can tell you it does save the resolution settings.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street