[fedora-virt] Installing Windows 7 in a KVM?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:56:20 UTC 2014

I've got a copy of Windows 7 on order I want to install in
a KVM on Fedora 20.

I cannot believe the amount of conflicting information
I find when googling about how best to do the install :-).

Is there a recent, reasonably accurate guide anywhere?

Things like the best way to get the virtio drivers
into the system at install time?

Are the drivers at:
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/virtio-win-0.1-74.iso
the ones I want?

Besides network and disk, what the heck are all the other drivers
on that ISO, and why do I want them?

What other guest software is needed (various agents,
and wot-not)?

The highest performance cache mode for the virtual
disk?

The best way to define the mouse?