[fedora-virt] Installing Windows 7 in a KVM?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:15:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 13:25:48 -0500
Cole Robinson wrote:

> virt-manager will set optimal defaults here, so you shouldn't need to

Does that mean the default has changed? Because I remember
measuring the time it took a program in an old Windows XP virtual
machine to write a few gigabytes and the default disk mode
virt-manager gave me took hours compared to minutes for some
of the others (I just don't remember which ones were best :-).

Which reminds me of another irritant in virt-manager:

It calls the default setting "Default", which means you
have no idea what the default actually is :-).