[fedora-virt] 3.13 - Nested KVM (vmx) totally broken?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 11:58:44 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 03:52:03PM +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> If i use 3.13.6 kernel that have alredy this patch, but sometimes i
> get kernel panic, what can i do?
> P.S. I'm using nested virt, fault from L2

It could be there is another, less frequent, bug in nested KVM.
I'm assuming this is on Intel hardware?

>From the libguestfs point of view what you can do is to force TCG:

    export LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND_SETTINGS=force_tcg

Unfortunately this only has an effect in libguestfs >= 1.25.24.  We're
going to have the new version in Fedora 20 real soon -- probably
before the end of this month.  Or you can compile the Rawhide version
on F20.

Rich.