[fedora-virt] Isolate KVM from LAN, but not WAN?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 19:40:35 UTC 2014

I came up with a nifty way to do this using VLANs, in
my router, but my new router doesn't support VLANs,
so I keep thinking I really ought to be able to do this
with iptables, but nothing I try seems to work.

Here's my old technique:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/game/isolate.html

Now I need to figure out some way to make everything
run on the host without any help from the router.

Any ideas?

Am I going to have to run a 2nd virtual machine just
to serve as a "router" for the isolated machine
and block all local lan traffic inside the 2nd VM
(I'm pretty sure I could get that to work, but it
seems like a lot bigger hammer than I ought to need :).