[fedora-virt] Directory Passthrough

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Mar 16 16:34:07 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 05:29:16PM -0400, Robert Locke wrote:
> Looking for some recommendations as to when directory passthrough
> started working or will become available.
>
> I would like to read-only mount a directory from the host (inside the
> guest). Technically looking to do this in RHEL 7, but just curious as to
> the proper virsh define xml to make it happen.

I'm fairly sure, if this is using virtio-9p, then it won't work in
RHEL 7 as Red Hat are disabling all 9p support.

There was discussion in the qemu community last year about supporting
MTP between guest and host, but I don't think it got as far as anyone
writing code.

What are your actual requirements beyond needing to mount a directory?
Why wouldn't a normal remote filesystem (eg. NFS/CIFS/Gluster) work?

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v