[fedora-virt] Xen 4.4 heading for Rawhide

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Mar 21 11:44:21 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 05:40 PM, M A Young wrote:
> I am planning to update the xen package in Rawhide to version 4.4.0 in the
> next few days. The xend functionality including the xm command is now an
> optional extra which I was intending to leave out. Is that likely to cause
> problems with libvirt?

I don't think it should matter much. libvirt ships two driver subpackages, one
for xend and one for libxl, but they both map to the xen:/// URI which will
only use xend if xend is running.

People might be doing 'yum install libvirt-daemon-driver-xen' which won't give
them what they want anymore, but I think that's fine given that xend isn't
shipped anymore. Maybe we should stop distributing the libvirt package as
well, but then again we already ship libvirt drivers for stuff not in fedora
like virtualbox, esx, etc. so not sure what the policy is there.

Also, this version makes it easier to use upstream
> qemu, but Fedora qemu currently builds without xen support. How easy would it
> be to change this (after xen has been updated)?

Pretty easy I think. I'm happy to do it ahead of time too, just let me know
when you want the build.

- Cole