[fedora-virt] Fwd: [libvirt] Release of libvirt-1.2.12

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Mon Feb 2 15:35:29 UTC 2015

On 02/02/2015 10:08 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 29/01/2015 16:43, Cole Robinson ha scritto:
>>> Can you build it for EPEL too in virt-preview?
>>>
>> Building libvirt for epel7 should be easy enough, since libvirt upstream keeps
>> their RPM building. But epel6 may be tough, and some of the other virt-preview
>> packages like qemu would take a lot of work. So I don't think it makes sense
>> to mix epel in with fedora virt-preview repo.
> Ok, agreed. Also the libvirt included in el7.1 should satisfy the requirements I'm looking for.
> Can you please build it for fedora 20 within virt-preview? It still have 1.2.9.

My understanding is that the virt-preview repo is only maintained for
the current-latest release of Fedora, so now that F21 is out, the F20
virt-preview has become stale. Maybe you could upgrade to F21? I've done
that on two machines using fedup recently (one just last night) and it
went very smoothly.

Here's what I did:

    yum update
    yum install fedup
    fedup --network 21 --product=nonproduct
    (wait for awhile, then reboot and let it continue)

If I recall correctly (last night was a *very long* time ago!) the only
issues were 1) some gnome-shell extensions needed manual upgrading after
the OS upgrade was done, during either the first or 2nd reboot of the
upgrade, systemd got hung up waiting forever for my encrypted disk
device to shutdown, and I eventually hit the reset button.