[fedora-virt] laggy mouse on just one client?

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Tue Feb 17 14:44:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm running multiple F20 systems. One is serving Windows XP for legacy
CAD programs, using qemu/kvm launched from the command line like this:

/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -machine accel=kvm -hda
/var/lib/libvirt/images/MikeOfficeXP.img -usbdevice tablet -usb -device
usb-host,hostbus=3,hostaddr=2 -device usb-host,hostbus=3,hostaddr=3
-parallel /dev/parport0 -m 1024 -k en-us -vga qxl -spice
port=5931,disable-ticketing -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user -cdrom
/dev/cdrom

I connect from other F20 systems using spicy, or remote desktop viewer.

The problem is that one client system (and just one) has really sluggish
mouse performance using both client programs. The mouse pointer is
really laggy. The other clients are perfect. Swapping mice (which are
different models) between clients does not help.

Why would one client have laggy mousing? Any ideas?

- Mike