[fedora-virt] Understanding the fence_virtd serial listener

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 00:33:52 UTC 2015

I'm trying to understand the fence_virt.conf options for the serial
listener, specifically the "uri" and "path" options.

  * uri - Is this option only used when using the vmchannel mode?  I
    can't figure out what it could possibly be doing in serial mode.

* path - I *really* can't figure this one out.  In fact, I'm completely
   mystified by how fence_virtd figures out what sockets it should listen
   to for VM requests.

Anyone?