CMS Decision

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 14:37:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Karsten Wade wrote:

> Very, very, very lightweight calendar, please.  I find that they full-
> featured groupware-type stuff coming through a WUI ... is, uh ... not my
> favorite way to do things.  I'd much rather a semi-readable, hand-edited
> Wiki.

Yep.  I see the calendars as simple, authoritative ics files.  One for all
the meetings, one for events, one for release schedule for FC.  That's it.

> I'd like to edit via the Web, get email reminders, and perhaps a way to
> schedule/interact with the system via properly formatted email messages.

> We really need something we can make PO files from, if we want to keep
> content easily updated.  These can then be checked into CVS and pulled
> out by the trans teams.
>
> Remember, they have existing tools, we do not.  We must make our tools
> use their tools, from the start.  We can request an odd-ball, one-off
> translation now and again, but not on a regular basis.

So, what can we make PO files from?  Is the current f.r.c system in CVS
good enough for this?

> I'm for making f.r.c a single RHAT-backed, FF-approved marketing message
> with five links and a pretty theme.

+1, when we get there, and the sooner the better.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan