CMS Decision

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 17:06:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 22:30 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> Karsten Wade wrote:
> > I'd like to edit via the Web, get email reminders, and perhaps a way to
> > schedule/interact with the system via properly formatted email messages.
> >
> Would you like fries with that?

Well, since you asked, yes. :)

That was just me dreaming. .ics files should work fine.

> > >     We want revision control.  Both the wiki and CVS can provide this.
> > >     We want help tickets.  How can we manage this using the wiki, CVS,
> > > and Bugzilla?
> >
> > Not arguing, just curious ... why do we need help tickets?  V. bugzilla
> > as it standa?
> >
> The first usage case I am aware of is to handle incoming email support
> requests.  Elliot and I were discussing this for mail directed at
> fedora at redhat.com.

Yeah, there ya go.  I've resisted making bug reports automatically from
messages to e.g. relnotes at fp.o.  If this went into a ticketing system,
that could be cool.  We use Request Tracker in several locations, I'll
find out if ours is seriously hacked up from the upstream.  There is a
fair amount of experience with RT amongst FLOSS folks.

> > CVS access to check in/out XML files.
> >
> I don't see how that relates to MoinMoin's back-end.

Not for storing MoinMoin objects, for accessing documentation in
canonical XML.

I have a directive to get this working internally at Red Hat, a wiki
front-end to DocBook XML.  What I want to do is get the resources
assigned to this to work on making the functionality MoinMoin.  In a few
weeks, when we are starting up that project, I'll where we can go from
there.

> > I'm for making f.r.c a single RHAT-backed, FF-approved marketing message
> > with five links and a pretty theme.
> >
> A pretty theme that matches 'Kind of Blue' from the wiki, maybe?

Yeah, like that.

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject