CMS Decision - answers on Drupal

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 15 00:56:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-14-12 at 13:05 -0800, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> It also has a track record of high profile use (The Onion,
> Deanspace/Civicspace) where security audits must play some role.

I'm honestly beginning to think that people responsible for every "high
profile" installation of PHP just assumed that other high profile users
must have researched all these things before making a decision. I'm
seriously beginning to suspect that it all just went horribly wrong in
the beginning and people just continue to nod and smile in order to keep
their jobs. ;)

I'm not trolling, just pointing out that "high profile" does not really
carry as much weight as it might seem. It's all down to political
decisions, and those are rarely made based on merit.

--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
McGill University WSG

Simon: "So, what are we doing?"