[Fwd: Re: Fedora community (Was: Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?)]

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Dec 25 18:15:00 UTC 2005

Patrick Barnes wrote:

>Websites Team,
>
>There's been a thread going on in fedora-list regarding our transition
>to fedoraproject.org.  It brings up an excellent point.  Except among
>ourselves, we have done a poor job of advertising what we are doing to
>the rest of the community.  Although more and more resources are
>becoming available on fedoraproject.org, and more links are pointing to
>it, we haven't done much to tell people that we are now focusing on
>fedoraproject.org.  With our recent revamp of fedora.redhat.com, we
>removed a great deal of content and left little more than a basic set of
>pages in place, but we didn't directly tell users where the information
>had gone.  Many of the links there do now point to fedoraproject.org,
>but there's no explicit declaration of what is happening.  I'd love to
>hear suggestions about how we can best remedy this oversight.

The immediate thing to do is to add a highlighted note to the frontpage
of http://fedora.redhat.com . It can read as " We are currently in the
process of evaluating a transition of this website into
http://fedoraproject.org.  http://fedoraproject.org is a community
website thats being revamped and more content is being actively added to
it on a regular basis. Users are recommended to visit this website for
other regular updates. Discussions about a new content management system
to host our updated infrastructure among other details is in progress in
fedora-websites-list [link] and #fedora-websites freenode IRC channel
[link]. If you are interested in taking part in these discussions take a
look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites, subscribe and post to
the fedora-websites  mailing list{link]. Thank you for your interest in
the Fedora Project "

I suppose this accurately reflects our position now. Other than that
there has been a few missing links and some content that could be added
or modified. I will provide a list or file bugs appropriately

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/