Tweaking the design of the wiki

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 15:35:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 09:36 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Dimitris,
>
> Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> > O/H Thomas Chung έγραψε:

> >> I like the new design. You have my vote.
> >
> > Thanks Thomas.
> >
> > Since no-one had any objections, maybe we should go forward with this.
>
> For what it's worth, I think these proposed modifications look fabulous!
> It's very clean and makes the level of hierarchy each piece of
> information is in on the page much more clearer.

+1.  Nice, simple, understated, but very clear to the eye.  Great job
Dimitris!

> One additional thing I would suggest - if you can do it and think it is
> a good idea - is to add a spot in the right nav on the wiki for little
> banners to advertise Fedora subprojects and events, etc. This is
> something we had talked about on the marketing list I think a long time
> ago - http://people.redhat.com/duffy/misc/fedoramentor-banner.png
> (although might be better on the top).

+1 again.  That would help give the Mentors program a much-needed kick
in the hindparts.  I've observed lots of willingness but very little
connectivity to the community; with the number of daily hits on our
wiki, surely this would result in an increase of activity.

> > Here is an action plan:
> >
> >  1. Make some further improvements and upload an HTML version (22/11)
> >
> >  2. Get some test/feedback from `fedora-websites-list` members (24/11)
>
> If you want to do a formal usability test let me know and I can help out
> with that. I'll be on vacation these 22/11 - 26/11 so I'll have time! :)
>
> Thanks for taking charge on this Dimitris! We've needed this for a long
> time. :)

Maybe Dimitris could also lead an overhaul on the front page! ;-)