Suggestion @ Fedoraproject / Wiki

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 15:28:43 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Siddharth Upmanyu wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks..
>> I would like to suggest to change the Header and Footer images on the
>> wiki to match the latest release of Fedora... i think a DNA blend in
>> the graphic will give it a more vibrant look and with even better
>> graphics coming every new release the Fedora website will look
>> refreshing and new in just one change...
>>

> It is a good suggestion but IMO changing the look and feel for every
> single release has the disadvantage that it looks inconsistent for folks
> not running the latest release. Perhaps someone in Fedora art list would
> be interested in this.

It seems like it would be smartest to make the Fedora website graphics
more generic, and leaving the release-specific artwork for any
banners/graphics relating to the current release.

It's just way too much work to update all of the artwork involved across
Fedora websites for every release, and as it is we have a dearth of
artists and designers.

Thanks,
~m