FedoraMain new look

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 19 14:33:19 UTC 2007

Marek Mahut wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just found that Rahul changed the look of FedoraMain and I don't
> like it at all. I think that very important links like FAQ, how to
> reports a bug, F8 schedule and statistics are missing. I would prefer to
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/

We have traditionally been overloading the wiki and using it for all
kinds of purposes and it has gotten slow and tedious now. Now that we
have a front page with static html that looks a lot better, I think we
need to move most of the common end user content elsewhere.

I have filed a request to infrastructure team to launch
news.fedoraproject.org and I think drupal would fit that purpose very
well now though I am open to other choices.

If you think there are very important links that should be in the front
page, just add those back in an appropriate manner. I don't think
reverting back is the right answer here.

Rahul