Comment for fedoraproject.org

Rudolf Bleuer rudolf at fleurop.com
Fri Oct 19 14:42:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to quickly (and I mean quickly) check on fedora.redhat.com
(which redirects to fedoraproject.org) when the next fedora release is
planned.
On the homepage I read about current Fedora 7, release notes of F7, and
the link to learn more about F7.
Get Fedora is not what I want (I have F7 already of course)
Join Fedora is also not what I want
Docs: no, I don't want docs, I want to know about the plans when F8 will
be released, or how the beta status is
Wiki: hmmm... maybe, if you like it complicated, maybe I find here what
I seek. but no link that told me "here is what you're looking for"
Planet: Planet? ok, the description says "The voices of the Fedora
Community", but I don't want to hear the community (right now)
Communicate, Speak with Fedora: ummm no, not what I want

Is there not an easier and faster way to get some infos about planned
new releases then to dig deeply in wiki's and forums etc?

By the way, I like the fedoraproject.org web site. It's simple and easy,
not overloaded with pictures and text. But when I don't find what I am
looking for in a reasonable time, then.... Ok, maybe my search methods
are not the best, can be. :)

Greetings from Switzerland
Rudi

> Fleurop-Interflora