Comment for fedoraproject.org

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Oct 19 16:00:38 UTC 2007

Rudolf Bleuer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to quickly (and I mean quickly) check on fedora.redhat.com
> (which redirects to fedoraproject.org) when the next fedora release is
> planned.
> On the homepage I read about current Fedora 7, release notes of F7, and
> the link to learn more about F7.
> Get Fedora is not what I want (I have F7 already of course)
> Join Fedora is also not what I want
> Docs: no, I don't want docs, I want to know about the plans when F8 will
> be released, or how the beta status is
> Wiki: hmmm... maybe, if you like it complicated, maybe I find here what
> I seek. but no link that told me "here is what you're looking for"
> Planet: Planet? ok, the description says "The voices of the Fedora
> Community", but I don't want to hear the community (right now)
> Communicate, Speak with Fedora: ummm no, not what I want
>
> Is there not an easier and faster way to get some infos about planned
> new releases then to dig deeply in wiki's and forums etc?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule

I think the schedule stuff would be good on our new news site which is
still in planning stages, I don't think it belongs on the front page
though as its  more of a developer oriented or.. 'uber user' type
request.  Also Google found it pretty easy :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=fedora+8+schedule&btnG=Search

/2 cents.  Someone with actual UI knowledge might have a better opinion.

    -Mike