Fwd: Creating live USB keys in Windows

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Feb 2 10:43:15 UTC 2008

Forwarding a msg from lmacken on fedora-devel-list. Luke has created a
tool to get an ISO on a Fedora Live usb stick... on Windows. It makes
it dead simple for Windows users to try (and switch to) Fedora this
way, since everybody nowadays has a RS USB stick, not everybody have
CD writers (X61 Thinkpads don't), or is willing to find/spend an empty
CD. Good stuff.

We should see how the msg could reach the world, non-Linux users.
Debian has created something "similar" at
http://goodbye-microsoft.com/, which is probably even simpler. Not
sure what other distros have done.

How about creating http://switch.fedoraproject.org/, which will have
some simple instructions on how to get the tool, get the ISO, run it
and reboot? Having the page localized as well, will probably make the
message reach to a big crowd.

Maybe it's too early for this, since everything is in flux, so let's
think about it.

-d