fedoraproject.org website design usage

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 10 01:12:59 UTC 2008

Justin Sinclair wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are a small company developing an open source (GPL'd) inventory
> tracking system called Tracmor (http://code.google.com/p/tracmor).  We
> are just now preparing to build a public website for our project (both
> commercial and community targeted) and we like the simple clean layout
> of the fedoraproject.org website.  We would like to request permission
> to use the html/css layout from fedoraproject.com home page as a
> starting point for our site.  We would not reuse any of the images or
> content or even color schemes from the fedora website,  but only the
> page layout.  If this is something you would be willing to permit,
> please let me know.  Thank you in advance for your consideration.

You are allowed to use the CSS in our website under the Creative Commons
Attribution Share Alike license. Essentially use it freely but give us
credit and we appreciate linking back to our website. We will clarify
the licensing details in our website soon.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites

Note that using the Fedora marks is only allowed under our trademark
guidelines so I would suggest that you avoid using them in any way.
Since you are a Fedora user, it would be great to have your software
maintained in our repository too

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Also we offer hosting for Free and open source projects at
http://fedorahosted.org. Completely free and we support several
distributed source code management systems like Git, Mercurial and Bzr.
Just something for you to consider.

Rahul