Omniture & Fedora

Jesse Eversole Jr jeversol at redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 00:50:46 UTC 2008

We discussed whether to track fedora.org with Omniture a couple of years
ago and elected not to do so at the time. If there is interest in the
Fedora website management community to explore the differences between
tracking using a tool like awstats versus Omniture then I would suggest
that we start up a thread on the topic. We can explain how our tracking
system works and the reports that would be available to the community.

I would also be interested in a discussion on the topic of what it means
to have "open services" versus "proprietary services" as it relates to
"open source" versus "proprietary source". I see this as a challenge for
us at Red Hat in the growing market of SOAS and hosted systems and for
the open source community.

Jesse