Introduction - Frank Chiulli

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jun 14 14:19:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:12 -0700, Frank Chiulli wrote:
> Hi,
> I am basically responding to Max Spevack's request for help.

Excellent.  Welcome.

> I have some python experience but not much.  I have done a lot of
> scripting in other languages just not python.  I have two python books
> at home and have access to O'Reilly's Safari.  So I can do lots of
> research if necessary.
>
> I have some apache experience but that was actually quite awhile ago.
> I'll have to clean out the cobwebs.
>
> I have no genshi experience.  But I'm willing to learn.
>
> I have been writing software and administering machines for over 40
> years.  Although I have a PC on my desktop, almost all of my work has
> been done on one flavor or another of Unix.  I do have a Fedora 9 box
> at home.

Sounds like qualifications to me.  After all, if we always knew what and
how before starting new things ... well, nothing would ever be new, so
nothing new would get done. :)

> I live in California.  Hope that doesn't make interfacing with others
> a problem.  I have not run into too many volunteers from the West
> Coast.

I'm out here as well, and sometimes feel that way.  The saddest part is
when you are just getting cranking with work in your later evening, and
everyone from the East Coast USA to the middle of Russia is sound
asleep. Thank goodness for APAC, some of whom are in the middle of their
day by then. :)

> Put me to work,

I'm just doing the welcome thing today, going to let someone with a
better grasp of what needs done. Although I bet [[Websites/Tasks]] is
populated on the wiki.

Check out http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Meetings and see if you
can come this Monday.

- Karsten