Web form for Fedora TV video submission

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 15 07:31:03 UTC 2008

Hey all,

In case you don't know yet, we've just organised a Miro channel for
Fedora so that we can put up screencasts/video interviews etc. What
we'd like to do is make it really easy for people to submit their
videos for inclusion so we thought a web form would be the best idea.
What I was thinking was something that recorded the information:

Name:
E-Mail address:
Video Title:
Video URL:
Video Description:

And then, I think this information needs e-mailing either directly to
an editor/group of editors or a mailing list for review. Once that's
done, I guess it would be cool if the form could automatically update
the RSS feed with the click of a button (something like "Approve") but
this could also be done manually...

Could anybody help me out with this? I looked into doing it really
simply with Javascript but from what I've read I think I'm going to
need to use PHP or something similar - actually I guess Python might
be more popular in Fedora?! If somebody can point me in the right
direction, then I could probably make some head way myself :)

Best,

Jon