news.fedoraproject.org

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 02:18:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Jonathan Roberts
<jonrob at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>  2) Depending on the above, do we want to use Lyceum or Wordpress? Infra
>  would like us to have whatever solution we use packaged and yumable on
>  Fedora; Wordpress is already in while Lyceum needs packaging. As I
>  understand it Lyceum allows us to have multiple blogs and is what's used by
>  Red Hat Magazine. Wordpress only allows for the one blog, but would also
>  allow multiple authors/editors on a single blog (I think).

One of the question we need to answer is why Lyceum instead of WordPress.
We can get some answer from their FAQ page[1] but, I also have some
concerns on WordPress plugins compatibility with Lyceum.
WordPress already have thousands of useful plugins[2] and there have
been some reports that not all WordPress pugins are compatible with
Lyceum and they may need to re-written or ported over. I guess the
real question is do we really need multi-blogger for our needs? We
appreciated if we can hear your comments or suggestions.
Regards,

[1] http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/faq/
[2] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

--