[Fwd: fedora-community in Chrome]

John Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 20:32:12 UTC 2009

Thanks - fixed under Safari(webkit), Madori(gtk-webkit), Firefox and Opera.  KHTML apparently can't handle try/except or at least it can't do so without throwing up a dialogue because things seem to work if I hit ok but pop up again when I go to another page.  Chrome should work but I don't have a windows box. Once I saw that it was trying to fetch a wrong url (johnp.fedorapeople.org/fedora-community/~johnp/fedora-community) I realized the issue was a baseurl tag.  I guess different engines handle that differently.

The Firefox bug was me commenting out sections to find where the issues were and then forgetting to uncomment it.  I guess I was getting a cached page in Firefox so I though I had uncommented it.

As for the page load time, right now I am using the fullblown jQuery for debugging and not the compressed version.  Once we determine what bits are used the most I may end up compiling them into one js file.  Once the files are cached however, it is pretty fast.  I'll look into loading after the body tag also.

Thanks for the detective work.

----- "Eddy DeCoste" <mediahack at gmail.com> wrote:

> John,
>

> My Info:
> Windows XP64
> Google Chrome 1.1
>

> Looking at the Chrome JS debugger here is what the console told me on
>

> Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type
> text/html.
> http://johnp.fedorapeople.org/fedora-community/~johnp/fedora-community/None
>

> Whatever this is could be halting the v8 engine.
>

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM, John Palmieri < johnp at redhat.com >
> wrote:
>

> Thanks - the issue is annoying because I'm not getting a very good
> error report from any of the browsers which exhibit this behaviour.
> The interesting bit is fedora-community itself works fine in WebKit,
> Opera and even KHTML which is usually the most broken. The project
> page itself was a proof of concept for some of the dynamic loading
> bits so there might be a small piece of code that is setting off the
> other browser engines but not firefox. If anyone can get a detailed
> traceback that would be helpful. The good news is all of those engines
> are seeing the same thing so I belive if I fix one of them there is a
> good chance the others will follow. It may just be as simple as
> upgrading the jQuery bits.
>

> ----- "Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams" < ivazqueznet at gmail.com > wrote:
>
> > For your consideration.

John (J5) Palmieri