Need to highlight how to install Fedora 11 Live CD to disk

Frank Hecker hecker at mozillafoundation.org
Thu Jul 23 18:07:17 UTC 2009

I went to the fedoraproject.org home page, followed the link to
download the Live CD, and booted it (into a new VM on VMware Fusion
for OS X in my case). I then wanted to do an actual installation to
disk, overlooked the "Install to Hard Disk" icon, and then got lost
trying to find what to do. The Federoa 11 installation guide doesn't
seem to address this (at least looking at the table of contents), and
so I started googling to find answers.

I think it would be useful if from the "Get Fedora 11 Desktop Edition
Now" section on the fedoraproject.org home page there were a link to a
simple how to on what to do once a user has booted the Live CD for the
first time. The obvious thing would be to link to a brief tutorial
from the phrase "install it right from the desktop".

Frank

--
Frank Hecker