Almost-finalized: Marketing F12 schedule

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 04:46:58 UTC 2009

I've updated the F12 schedule according to the meeting
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-July/msg00140.html)
that Paul, John, and myself had today.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule

We've got some dates and such to coordinate with various teams (cc'd
here) before Monday in order to make sure our calendars sync up. One of
the things we'll be talking about at the Marketing meeting tomorrow
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings) is how to make sure
that each Marketing + OtherTeam coordination happens this week - some of
these connections already have delegates, others have people who
probably should be, others are wide open.

The notes below are very, *very* much drafts, and only starting points!
It's also entirely possible that I've put *too* much in the notes below
(that figuring out something shouldn't be Marketing's job, or its
focus). Patches welcome.

--Mel

----

Design: We should make sure we get you a release slogan in time, and
give fast enough feedback/final-slogan turnaround based on your designs
that you can make release buttons/banners with time to spare. Also need
to see what sort of work we need to coordinate in order to make spiffy
Ambassadors kits.

Docs: We should commit to those 1-page shiny release notes you wanted,
and find other good points during the cycle to check in with each other.
We also need to talk (possibly with News) on who'd like to do what
portions of talking points and in-depth feature profiles. (How can we
market our documentation as awesome, too?)

Ambassadors: We need to schedule a briefing for you folks to happen once
the talking points are ready - but most importantly, we need to learn
how we can listen to you better so that we can make the things you
actually want and *need* to spread the word on the ground. What can we do?

Websites: We should talk - potentially with Design - about how we're
going to coordinate various webpage redesigns and revisions, and how our
respective roles complement each other.

News: We also need to talk (possibly with Docs) on who'd like to do what
portions of talking points and in-depth feature profiles. We should also
figure out what's going on with News and Marketing and Fedora Insight,
so we can schedule in coordination times with other teams if needed.