Websites + Marketing schedules: synced!

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 02:45:01 UTC 2009

Websites and Marketing folks: just a heads-up so you know the stuff that
the two groups will be working on together for this release cycle -
Ricky and I just froze the milestone dates for things the two teams will
be collaborating on (our version is at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule). Here are the
relevant parts for y'all on what Marketing is going to deliver for
Websites...

Final release slogan is ready for websites/design 2009-09-17 	Marketing
creates this, influenced by the Design themes/wallpaper/etc. for the
release. The slogan then (circularly?) affects the Design team's release
button/banner for the website. Need to make sure this lines up with
Design and Website's dates. This date is a start date; the end date
needs to be set in conjunction with Design.

All desired website changes taken to websites team 2009-09-15 	The
Websites team has a 09/29 feature freeze, so we need to make sure any
features/changes we want (text, images, page restructuring, etc...) have
been approved by them by that date. This means that two weeks prior,
Marketing should know exactly what changes we'd like to see on the
websites, that all those changes should be tickets filed in the Website
team's Trac, and that each change should have a Marketing delegate
working on it from within the Websites team.

(For Marketing's reference...)
Groups we (Marketing) have synced with: Websites, Design
Groups left to sync with: Docs, Ambassadors, News

...that is all. Thanks for your time!

--Mel