Get Redesign Project

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 1 23:15:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Sijis Aviles <sijis.aviles at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Yesterday I enabled the get-redesign repo in staging
> (http://stg.fedoraproject.org/) so that everyone could see/review the
> current status of the redesign. Its definitely not completed and there
> is work needed to be done, particularly with browser testing, images
> and object spacing.
>
> Please spend some time and look over it. Feel free to provide any
> patches to that these pages look great on different browsers/OSes.
>
> You can find us in #fedora-websites or in the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sijis

The whole idea is to get these pages as close to the mockups as possible:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009/Mockups/Get.fpo

I should have included a few items that are needed to be done.

- in #desktop tab, align button so that its closer to text
- create new images (#download tab desktop icon and screenshots)
- fix image "Fedora Default" and "Most Compatible" icons
- better spacing on right-side column
- verify pages works with different browsers/OSes and resolutions
- complete "Download Finish Splash" page
- the left side link "Get Fedora (Redesign)", should really be linked
from the stg.fp.o/get-fedora page in the "View full list of options
for getting Fedora ..." link. I put the link there for ease.
- text needs to be updated to reflect F13
- links need to be updated to correct locations (i've put in #! as
link location fillers)

Note that we are purposely leaving out the header and footer as in the
mockup. Those pieces are related more to the complete fp.o site
redesign.

Thanks again for the help,

Sijis