Deluge update on Fedora

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Apr 6 22:29:31 UTC 2010

Hello Buick,

Mr Buick MacColl wrote:
> Hi there Deluge people...
>
> I've been getting an update pop up for a while now, but every time I
> go to the Website to find it, I get this;
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/deluge

A better URL to use for the Package DB would be:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/applications/Deluge Bittorrent Client

> I do indeed use Fedora and installed originally through my software
> update utility.
>
> I've been having lots of problems recently with loss of wpeed and am
> hoping that an update will sort this.
> Could you please advise me on an easy way to update the version that I
> have to a newer version?
> I currently have version 1.1.9
> I'm not particularly good with doing complicated installs on Linux
> without simple instructions, so it does need to be simple.

I presume you're using Fedora 12.  And currently, deluge-1.1.9 is the
latest version packaged.  Updating the software manually is not
something that I would recommend to you if you're looking for a simple
process.

> If this mail has been sent only to the Webmaster, could you please
> forward this onto someone that can help me. Thanks :)

Indeed it has been sent to the webmaster address.  This address is
only for issues related to Fedora's websites.  For general Fedora
support, please refer to the help resources described at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate.

Thanks,

True Civility is when everyone gives to every other one every right
that they claim for themselves.