Sugar on a Stick Spin Page

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:14:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:26:30PM -0500, Sijis Aviles wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Genevieve Johnson
> <johnsog at allegheny.edu> wrote:
> > Hello, my name is Genevieve and I am currently working among my fellow class
> > members at Allegheny College to create a spin page for Sugar on a Stick. I
> > have very little experience with creating websites. As of now I feel like
> > the design of the website will be the biggest challenge, I’m not quite sure
> > of where to start with that. Is there any information at all and other
> > helpful things such as links that would help me to get started on the spin
> > page process?
> >

> > Genevieve
> >
> > --
> >
> Genevieve,
>
> We don't have a step by step process defined anywhere but in short
> this is what you are looking at
>
> 1 - Copy and edit this file
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git?p=fedora-web.git;a=blob;f=spins.fedoraproject.org/data/content/kde/index.html;h=2307dc1641240219b1191b6db5bd8d52f3983815;hb=HEAD
> (it alone generates the page http://spins.fedoraproject.org/kde/)
>
> 2 - Need to create 3 images
> (232 x 80) - http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git?p=fedora-web.git;a=blob;f=spins.fedoraproject.org/static/images/spin/kde-feature.png;h=f88e56a80adf01ac80c8053be4bbb32749c83404;hb=HEAD
> (120 x 45) - http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git?p=fedora-web.git;a=blob;f=spins.fedoraproject.org/static/images/spin/kde-mini.png;h=b13d461b272c3d9069bc1d96bd098c671f8d8c27;hb=HEAD
> (960 x 119) - http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git?p=fedora-web.git;a=blob;f=spins.fedoraproject.org/static/images/spin/kde-tagline.png;h=42fd9a50c4675e778d045662858ab9223e1faa26;hb=HEAD
>
> 3 - Optional images (used within the text that enlarge)
> small image (240 x 192) -
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git?p=fedora-web.git;a=blob;f=spins.fedoraproject.org/static/images/content/kde-screenshot-01-sm.png;h=5c0b73dcdd54f4c787bd11eef52fa5a41686e885;hb=HEAD
> large image (500 x 400) -
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git?p=fedora-web.git;a=blob;f=spins.fedoraproject.org/static/images/content/kde-screenshot-02-lg.png;h=d78e5ed8c89f8f9a8c9b390c5038b89b7aa12a07;hb=HEAD
>
> 4 - Other images (that do not enlarge)
> *pretty much any size
>
> I've provided links to some example images so you have an idea
> where/what they look like.
>
> You may find this process easier if you copy the fedora-web git repo
> to do this. This way it would be easier to see any changes done.
> Follow this link to get started with that:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/ShowUs
>
> Once you are done, you can send the patches to the list or put it on
> you fedorapeople space.
>
> Let us know if you run into any problems or have any questions. You
> can find us on #fedora-websites on Freenode.
>
> I sure hope this data dump helps.

This ought to be part of an instruction page on the wiki that tells
any new Spin owner or community participant how to accomplish this --
starting with a git clone.

Genevieve, as you work through this, I would recommend that you
create/add to this page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_new_official_Spins_web_page