Request for extra strings

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:52:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 03:38:18PM -0500, Sijis Aviles wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sijis,
> >
> > One of the things Ricky pointed out on the redesign is the need for
> > the special "starred" tags to also provide translation.  Can you put
> > in dummy strings on a page in a <div> or <span> container that's
> > invisible, so translators can go ahead and translate those strings?
> > Then we can work on making these starred tags part of the CSS.
> >
> > --
> > Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
> >  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
> >  http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
> >          Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
> >

> I will trying to merge tonight (if possible) but definitely tomorrow.
> Once that is done i'll be in the master branch.
> (if you are curious on what needs merged, when tried a few mins ago
> http://fpaste.org/ua3o/)
>
> I think its definitely a good idea to make sure that text is
> translatable. We somehow need to plug-in a key so folks know that the
> blue/red/yellow/etc star means (maybe just image description).

I'm not sure what you mean by this, Sijis.  Will that description mean
we have an additional string to include?

Here are the things we absolutely need to have done today:

* Extra strings from those boxes included somewhere on the page, so
  they become part of the POT

* Merge finished to 'master'

The JS/non-JS issue appears fixed to me, awesome work you did there.
Now we need to get the POTs rolling so the L10n folks can work on them
before release.  The final CSS work can continue around that without
hurting what they're doing.