Split spins into separate git repo

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Apr 29 02:36:23 UTC 2010

> This idea of splitting some of the sites fedora-web repo has been
> discussed in the past. I'm proposing we look at splitting the
> spins.fedoraproject.org websites into a separate git repo (likely
> called gitspins-web). The idea is that we give spins
> owners/individuals access to their content while trying to isolate the
> exposure to other sites in the fedora-web repo.
>
> I would definitely not suggest we do this prior to GA but after.
>
> What do you think? Ideas/suggestions?

I'm +1 to this idea; it would make writing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spin_webpage_creation_SOP a lot easier
because we wouldn't have to pull in the rest of the website as well (and
figure out how to ignore all those files).

I think it's a fair assumption that people working on spins websites may
not work on any other websites in Fedora - i.e. spin owners, Marketing
folks helping with spin page content, and so forth - so the groups can
easily be separated.

--Mel