Special Effects

Jimz im_jbenkert at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 1 15:50:21 UTC 2010

Hi, I download your Fedora the other day, and must say, I liked it right off
.. However, its next to impossible to get your Visual Effects to work. I
have gone to every site and blog you have for help, and everyone says you
have to do something different to get it to work. Mainly, hook up your
Compiz Config, and your Compiz Fusion. I have download and installed these,
and about 50 other things as well, but nothing will turn on the Eye Candy
effects. Point: Although I like your OS, I've spent so much time trying to
turn on the Visual Effects, that I'm going back to Windows, which turns them
on automatically when you install a copy of XP or Windows 7 on your hard
drive. Bottom line; It shouldn't be so difficult to turn on the Visual
Effects, and without being able to turn them on, the OS appears to be behind
Windows, even though its not. Hopefully in the future it will be easier to
get them to turn on.

   Thanks you, James Benckert.