I am interested in fedora web-development

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 12 04:30:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM, PRABIN DATTA <prabindatta at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a request to fedora web developers to add me as a member.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Also,I like to add:
> if these things are already existing then I like to work in update process
> of these for current version.
> my plain->
> I like to develop few webpages which will contain step by step screen-shot
> with proper explanation about fedora installation and other options during
> fedora installation of the current version of that time..
> Which will also contain issues like:
> 1> install fedora as a single OS in machine.
> 2> install fedora with Window's OS.
> 3> install fedora with Ubuntu.
> 4> install fedora with Ubuntu and window's OS.
> Also, a short list of few applications with few words about them or links.
> And help for few important configurations on the current version like
> network config, httpd config, etc.
>
> benefits->
> I have many friends who are HOME users they dont know how to install fedora
> they are using window as pirated and other are forced to buy the original.
> They are buying OS it is not at all any issue of my this topic. But there
> are many who like to use fedora or like to give it a try.  They need a
> common place to learn all these.
> Also, few of them dont know what they are doing or which option can give
> them optimum performace which they want.
>
> like in fedora 13(current version) it is possible to install KDE or GNOME or
> both Desktop types. A new user is using GNOME as it is default Desktop
> during installation thou he like to use KDE more then GNOME and vice versa.
>

> Thanks.
> Have a Nice Day.
> -
> by Prabin

Prabin,

Hi and welcome to the group.

Reading about what what you'd like to contribute, our current  fp.o is
looking for someone to write some content similar to what you've
listed. The running list of what these articles are are listed here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign/Mockups/Www.fpo#Content_Review

Let us know if this is something that interests you.

Thanks,

Sijis