Web content permission requested

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Thu Aug 12 06:21:17 UTC 2010

I am not the one in charge to give you a final answer, but this email is
probably not the best one to ask. You should ask in
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/legal

All in all fedoraproject.org wiki content is available under
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ - study this license if it
allows what you need.

But definitely ask in legal list.

Adam Pribyl

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010, HCzurylo at polk.edu wrote:

> August 8, 2010
>

> TO:      Fedoraproject.com
>

> Dear Fedoraproject.org,
>

> To help address the current, nation-wide shortage of qualified Linux technicians, developers, and administrators, Polk State College (PSC) and University of South Florida Polytechnic (USFP) are collaborating in a joint project, funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF), to develop curricula for advanced, comprehensive 2-year and 4-year degree programs specializing in Linux administration which would be delivered online.
>

> Recently, we have been very impressed by the outstanding quality of the educational, non-proprietary Linux content found on your organization's public access website at http://www.fedoraproject.org <http://www.fedoraproject.org/> .  We strongly believe that having our students view this material would greatly enhance their knowledge and understanding of Linux.   However, as a practice, we typically avoid directing students to content on third party servers that are not hosted by academic institutions because of uncertainties surrounding the long-term availability of the content and associated URLs.  Nevertheless, we believe your content would be so beneficial to our students that a workaround ought to be explored. Therefore, we request your permission to replicate and host your educational, non-proprietary Linux content on our academic course servers without charge so that it may be incorporated into our Linux curricula.  The specific content for which we request permission
  is listed on page 3 of this letter.