Accessing old releases

Bob McKay rimsnucse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 03:41:27 UTC 2010

Hi; there seems to be a structure problem in the fedora download
website.
.It's easy to get the current release - nicely designed (thanks)
.It's hard, but not impossible, to find out-of-support releases of
fedora (currently,
	this means up to F10). This requires following the links
		All Download Methods
		See old versions of Fedora
		archive
	from the main download page. I think this needs some fixing
	("See old versions of Fedora" should also be available from the
	"View more Fedora options" page), but it's not to bad.
.There is no link _at all_ that I can find to the supported-but-not-
current
	releases (i.e. Fedora 11 and 12 at the moment). This is bad, because
	it means that if someone can't run F13 for some reason, they are likely
	to revert to (unsupported) F10. The only way I could find to get F11
	(which I need to check some software back-compatibility) was to
	find the F13 download link, then reconstruct what the F11 link must
	be. Fortunately, the links are very systematic, and it worked. But this
	really isn't the way it should be...

	Thanks and Best Wishes
	Bob McKay

Bob McKay
Gwanak-gu, Gwanangno 599
Seoul National University 302-427
Computer Science and Engineering
Seoul 151744, Korea

Tel:      +82 2 880 9392
              07 3103 3229 (from Australia - forwarded via skype)
Fax:     +82 2 871 4912 (please phone or email so I can pick up the fax)
email: rim at cse.snu.ac.kr (quick, but heavily spam blocked)
             rimsnucse at gmail.com (slower, but probably more reliable)
web:   http://sc.snu.ac.kr
For public key, please mail me