start.fedoraproject.org image still shows as Fedora 12 and not 13

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 16 04:08:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:17 PM, James Cassell
<fedoraproject at cyberpear.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:07:57 -0400, Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:46:27AM -0400, Mark Schlegel wrote:
>>> I noticed that the upper left image shows the Fedora 12 image,
>>> shouldn't that be updated to be Fedora 13?
>>
>> The old reference is still in your browser cache; I have confirmed that
>> it is the correct version when you refresh without cache (Ctrl-Shift-R
>> in most browsers).
>>

> I still see the F12 image -- I even did a fresh OS install in a VM to be
> sure, and even accessing it via https, I still see the F12 image.
>
> If it were a cache problem, you should use cache-control HTTP headers so
> user agents don't keep stuff around too long (probably on the main page
> itself, and not on the image; you can just have a different name for the
> image)
>

> --
> James Cassell

We use a different banner image[1] for each release.
I was wondering if it was our banner.js script that could be the
problem, but that file has the correct image referenced there too.

Sijis

[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f13release.png