[Ambassadors] What do you think? (was Re: fedoracommunity.org portal design)

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 27 14:12:38 UTC 2010

Hi Gianluca!

Thanks for this discussion :)

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 11:32 +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> Fedora (redesigned)
> 1. go to fedoraproject.org
> 2. click on "Community"  I guess this will link to fedoracommunity.org)

It will, but not directly. There will probably be a banner ad or
something like that on the www.fpo/community page to drive traffic to
fedoracommunity.org.

> 3. Select the region
> 4. find Italy, only one website listed

Are there more Italian websites we should be linking to? I used the
following wiki page to populate the site:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/International

I tested every website on that page. You'll note two of the four
websites there are not functional as clearly noted. Since I went through
that wiki page it looks like this site has been added, should I added it
to Fedoracommunity.org?

http://www.adamantio.net/modules.php?name=News&file=topics&topic=47

I've already posted a couple of calls for help on the ambassadors list -
for folks to go over the site and let us know if we were missing
anything - and of course we are still open to more suggestions!!

> 5. figure you need to click on the EMEA link (goes to wiki)
> 6. find Italy and follow the links to site, mailing list, wiki, forum, etc.

I don't understand your steps 5 & 6 above. There are general region-wide
resources at the top of the EMEA page. As far as I know there is NO
mailing list / wiki / forum for Italy. If there is, can you please let
me know? I'll be more than happy to add them.

~m