Deprecated pages on the wiki

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at mrtomlinux.org
Sun Feb 14 17:39:09 UTC 2010

Dear all,

When we used MoinMoin wiki, 3 years ago,the French Translation Team was
strong enough to handle the translation of the wiki pages of the Fedora
websites. When we moved to MediaWiki, the pages were kept and ported...
and are still available today [1].

However, the French translation team cannot endorse this kind of effort
today. The pages are then left untouched and deprecated since some
years now. Their contents are obsolete and convey wrong information
about how to get involved into the Fedora Project and other general
information about it.

Other reasons makes me feel these pages should be deleted :
- a translation process is not acheived in MediaWiki the way is was
  acheived with MoinMoin
- the FR translation team is not able to handle such a task
- the page are referenced in google, and mislead our future
  contributors.

I am aware that I have a part of responsability in this problem today
and I deeply apologize for not having been able to maintain such a
task. I'm also aware that this failure will make someone loose time
deleting the pages... unless I'm given the right to delete pages for
some hours to achieve the task.

How should we process then ?

Best regards,

Thomas