Strings not translatable under master-spins-fedoraproject

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 19 15:42:02 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 1:03 PM, shaiton <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Anyone could please mark some strings as translatable for the main page[1]?
> We could not translate the short description of each spin on the main page
> (for example: "A complete, modern desktop built using the K Desktop
> Environment (KDE).")
>
> An other query.. Could you change the picture at the top of the main page,
> "Explore Fedora's possibilities"[2] as text which could be translated? The
> same for "Download Now!" button which could be seen for each spin page[3].
> And just bellow it, there is another string not translatable... "54K Torrent
> File for 32-bit PC ISO (698.00 MB)".
>
> Last strings found to be not translatable are on the support page[4] -
> "Creating Spins" section: description of each links are not translatable
> (eg. "steps to create and use a Live CD").
>
> [1] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/
> [2] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/en/static/images/spin/main-tagline.png
> [3] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/en/kde/
> [4] http://spins.fedoraproject.org/en/support
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> --
> Kévin Raymond
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Kevin,

Here are the answers to your inquiries

[1] - Yes its been challenging to make the short summary text
translatable, that's why it hasn't been included. The challenging
piece is that those rows are automatically ordered (not static as
other pages primarily are) and their string is in python. However,
once everything is ordered, genshi (out templating system) isn't
understanding the string and thus not getting added the .pot file. If
anyone has ideas/suggestions, i'll welcome it.

[2] - That hasn't been brought up before but you make a good point. it
should definitely be something that should be translatable. We'll put
something together to accommodate that.

[3]/[4] - I thought those were already in the pot file. I don't have
the code in front of me to double-check. However, if its not, this
should be easy to fix.

Thanks again for noticing this. We appreciate it.

Sijis

(Added websites at list)