[Design-team] www.fpo content review

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 20 03:19:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/16/2010 06:18 PM, Jef van Schendel wrote:
>> Hi everyone!
>>
>> Just wanted to say that I've started a wiki page [1] for a content
>> review of the current www.fpo page. Everyone's free to track it and
>> change/add/corrent stuff as they like. Of course there's the
>> discussion page if you to let me know something. :)
>>

> Since we have recently secured both identi.ca/fedora and
> twitter.com/fedora.  shouldn't we highlight that in the front page?
> Micro blogging as a means for staying on top of news and facilitating
> direct interactions is of high value to show Fedora as a community.
>
> Rahul

Is it OK to use the identi.ca and twitter icons on our homepage? I'm
concerned more about usage (licensing) issues.

On the other note, it would be a good idea to put that on our home
page. It may be more beneficial to also include it where its
consistent, like the sidebar or footer, header?, etc. Any thoughts?

We should definitely consider adding social media section to the fp.o
redesign plan.

Sijis