[fedora-india] Fedora India Website

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 20 03:29:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 07/20/2010 03:41 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>>> About the "is there a need?" part - I have always felt that it might
>>> be interesting to have the default Fedora home page use geoip and try
>>> to redirect the request to the appropriate country-community page.
>

> And as because GeoIP is dumb, there should also be an easily navigable
> drop-down to go to other sites in case one is directed to a wrong
> site.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Susmit.

We are creating a website[1], whose purpose is to expose community
websites in specific regions.

Mairin Duffy wrote a great overview and progress about it on her blog[2].

Sijis

[1] - http://fedoracommunity.org/
[2] - http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/fedoracommunity-org-website-design/