HTML5 + CSS3 transitions in FF4

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:58:07 UTC 2010

On 07/28/2010 03:11 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/07/firefox4-beta2/
>
> Wouldn't it be cool to make use of some of this tech on our website
> (HTML5 + CSS3 transitions/transforms) with appropriate fallbacks for
> other browsers?

There is automatic fallback and I tested it with Epiphany in Fedora 13
since WebKit already supports this for a while and the difference is
rather stark.  Transition in the latest Firefox in Fedora 13 is abrupt
while Epiphany does it very smoothly and I assume Firefox 4 beta 2 also
does it smoothly.  We might have to use such effects in a minimal nice
way rather than go overboard with it.

Rahul